The month of June hit us all like a wrecking ball and I am still trying to process everything that happened. It feels as if a years worth of life was packed into one month and adding all that to the “brave new world” of COVID-19 pandemic has me reeling. Thankfully, I am (almost) fully recovered from my own COVID-19 sickness with just a residual cough remaining. All of your messages, phone calls and connections truly mean so much and I am so grateful to have you all as a community of supporters.
Thank you all for a month full of celebration, hard conversations, change, learning, and hope. It has been more than inspiring and we cannot wait for our upcoming programming.We wrapped up our fundraising campaign just over our goal with $15,900 raised and 185 sustaining members!
I need another week to process and share a longer note of reflection so stay tuned for that for next Wednesday. If I have learned nothing else during this time it’s that nothing is constant except for change. Nothing stays the same. I am ever grateful to be growing and changing with each of you. Have a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend and make sure to dedicate space for deeper reflection, medication and self-care, and rest. Finally, let’s normalise rest.
Director & Founder
P.S: Interested in reading to help you reflect? Read here and here
Still thinking about how you can support antiracism in Rochester?
Your support goes directly to providing new, dynamic & affordable class content, the planning of a rigorous antiracism facilitation training program, and the hiring of a grant writer.
1) Join our growing membership base at patreon.com/540wmain
2) Contribute to our ongoing annual fund at rally.org/540wmain
- Visit our blog for over 700 social justice focused posts from our Founding Director, contributing writer Chris Thompson, and various guest writers.
- Morethanisms podcast a series created by Calvin Eaton that unpacks social and cultural issues that impact black and non-black millennials of color.
- Discuss books relating to antiracism in our Unpacking Book Discussion Series. Join at facebook.com/groups/540unpacking
- Check out our on-demand class library to learn about structural racism, environmental justice, and more.
Knowledge is power, educate yourself with 540.
One thought on “A (Thursday) Word From the Director | Nothing Stays The Same”
So glad to read you’re recovering, Calvin.