Byron Allen | Media Executive & Entrepreneur
- Name: Byron Allen
- Date of Birth: April 22, 1961
- Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan
- Education: University of Southern California
- Started career as a comedian
- CEO/owner of Entertainment Studios, Inc., one of the largest independent producers and distributors of film and television..
- In 2016, Allen purchased TheGrio.com, a digital video-centric news community platform devoted to providing African-Americans with compelling stories and perspectives currently underrepresented in existing national news outlets
- Company purchased the Weather Channel in 2019
- Worth over $300 million
About Byron Allen
Byron Allen, is an American businessman, former comedian, television producer, and the founder, owner, chairman, and chief executive officer of the U.S. television production company Entertainment Studios. His Los Angeles-based company currently has 41 shows on the air, and owns eight 24-hour HD cable television networks reaching nearly 160 million aggregate subscribers nationwide. Allen, through his company, is the biggest independent producer and distributor of TV programs in the world, with some 32 shows currently on the air, in syndication, on networks, local stations and cable, such as “America’s Court” with Judge Ross, “Comics Unleashed,” “Beautiful Homes & Great Estates,” and “The Young Icons.”
“Byron Allen Is the Biggest TV Producer Working Today… Period”
About the Campaign
Every day throughout the month of February 540Blog will devote space to sharing Little Known Facts About Black Americans Throughout History. For us every month is Black History Month but we recognize and support the continuous need to take time and space to put a special spotlight on the accomplishments of Black and brown Americans from all ethnicities that have literally changed the course of history and yet have legacies that are not know by the masses.
One thought on “Byron Allen | 2nd Annual Digital Black History Month Education Campaign (Day XIX)”